Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Small/Short/Easy Mental Health Tips

Posted 10-31-2022 08:51
    Mornin' all!

I'm curious: what's something small, short, or easy that you do to keep your mental health in a good spot? 
    An image of a brain lifting weights

------------------------------
    Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 2.  RE: Small/Short/Easy Mental Health Tips

Posted 10-31-2022 09:45
    @Quinn Drew I try to take a deep breath before unlocking my phone. When I start to forget, I put a reminder image on my lock screen. It's a quick and excellent way to slow down for just a couple seconds to take care of myself.​

Maria Liccardo
    Evanston

• 3.  RE: Small/Short/Easy Mental Health Tips

Posted 10-31-2022 17:05
    I used to work with another editor who would remind me, whenever I fretted over a small correction, that no small children were harmed. I try to take that approach when I find myself worrying about something in order to get a better perspective on whether something is truly catastrophic or it's an annoyance that I really can deal with.

Amy Finkelstein

• 4.  RE: Small/Short/Easy Mental Health Tips

Posted 11-01-2022 16:02
    For me is taking a morning walk to start the day. Walk kids to the bus stop at 7.30am & continue on for about an hour. Thankfully don't start work until around 9am, so time to race around block, shower & get to work. It helps me de-stress, & get ready for what the day with bring.

Started doing this firstly for my health, & now very much part of my routine. I now hate it when I can't make my walk. We are lucky to live in a stunning Rural community, so very relaxing.

Leanne Jaggs