Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Today is NCOD!

Posted 10-11-2022 09:26
    Hey'all - today is National Coming Out Day (NCOD)! I was chatting with two of my friends on the way to work about my own coming out journey, which started back in 2000, and continues almost every day. 

If you've got a few minutes in your day, check out: 

------------------------------
    Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 2.  RE: Today is NCOD!

Posted 10-12-2022 09:17
    @Quinn Drew coincidentally, I had dinner with a friend last night who said her child came out as non-binary near the end of the summer. My friend was very loving and receptive, while the "momma bear" surfaced in her as an instinct to protect her child from unnecessary pain.

She called her child's school to talk it through before school began. The school had a gender identity survey prepared that asked all kinds of things to help accommodate her child's journey. My friend worked through the survey with her child and they were all so relieved and thankful for the parents and students who had paved the way before them (likely with a decent amount of distress and initial resistance), so that this transition for her child would be somewhat easier.

Amazing! There are so many things that seem to be going wrong in the world right now...this was a beacon of hope that some things are moving in the right direction.​

Maria Liccardo
    Evanston