Volunteering Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Show Up for Racial Justice, Learn from Experts, Celebrate Pride

Posted 06-16-2020 10:48
    Part of volunteering is learning - knowing who we are, exploring the biases and thoughts we carry, and understanding how we can best make an impact in our communities.

Eventbrite has curated a collection of Online Racial Equity Workshops, any or all of which are free to attend using the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/c/educate-yourself-online-racial-equity-workshops-cwwzzcp/

Collection Description
    Let's be better, together, by standing for an equitable society and with those fighting for justice for the Black community. Use this time for learning, listening, engaging in the discourse, and doing better as individuals and as a country. Donate to organizations fighting for racial equality, participate in protests or rallies, and educate yourself on systemic and learned racism. These online events will help you learn more and provide a platform for conversations on racial injustices and inequality. (Eventbrite will waive ticket fees for events in this collection.)

Sessions run beginning today (16 June) through the end of the month. 

If you are able to attend any, I'd love to hear more! What was most impactful? What can/will you bring into your daily routine? How will you challenge the status quo?

------------------------------
    - Drew

• 2.  RE: Show Up for Racial Justice, Learn from Experts, Celebrate Pride

Posted 06-17-2020 08:25
    Thanks for this, Drew! I wanted to clarify, after looking into some of these, there are ticket costs for some of them, but most are free. I think the "waived Eventbrite fee" is a behind-the-scenes fee charged to the event sponsors. I also wanted to say that paying for a ticket and/or including a donation goes to a good cause for all of these!

Maria Liccardo

• 3.  RE: Show Up for Racial Justice, Learn from Experts, Celebrate Pride

Posted 06-17-2020 19:43
    Thanks for the clarification, @Maria Liccardo! ​

- Drew