Volunteering Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hello everyone! Introducing TechGirlz!

Posted 03-26-2021 10:24

My name is Sara Neiman and I am the Chicagoland & Midwest coordinator for TechGirlz. As a former educator in Chicago, my true passion is helping youth build skills and find experiences to explore their future interests.

As you may know, TechGirlz is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire middle school girls to explore all the possibilities in technology. We accomplish this mission through free, hands-on, project-based workshops called TechShopz. TechGirlz provides the curriculum, a playbook on how to run a workshop, marketing, and registration support to any volunteers who want to impact their community by leading a group of girls in a fun, interactive workshop.  We have moved all volunteer opportunities virtually and are looking for companies, organizations, and individuals that might be interested in collaborating with us! 

So how can you and/or your organization work with TechGirlz? 

1. Organize a Virtual TechShop with your Organization or Independently
    2. Volunteer as a lead instructor or assistant at a Virtual TechShop with TechGirlz volunteers! 
    3. Donate or Sponsor a TechShop
    4. Help TechGirlz create a new TechShopz in a Box curriculum
    5. Attend Women in Tech Summit-All proceeds go to keeping TechGirlz programs free for girls!

We always encourage eager professionals to become volunteers to help inspire the next generation of women in tech, regardless of tech experience.

Lastly, I invite you to connect with me by emailing me at sara@techgirlz.org or schedule a meeting on my calendar here to discuss any of these details to get started volunteering and collaborating with us!

I look forward to our collaborations together to support girls in the world today!

------------------------------
    Sara Neiman

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TechGirlz Intro.pdf   15.48 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Hello everyone! Introducing TechGirlz!

Posted 03-29-2021 14:36
    Hi @Sara Neiman! This is so great! I love that you've got so many resources and ideas to get people started! (Especially since starting can be such a huge hurdle to volunteering).

​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn