Volunteering Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Acts of Kindness

Posted 05-11-2020 14:39
    Edited by Quinn Drew 05-11-2020 15:37
    A little inspiration for us today:
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” — Oscar Wilde

------------------------------
    Rachel Klepp

• 2.  RE: Acts of Kindness

Posted 05-20-2020 08:07
    I stopped into my favorite coffee shop in an effort to support a local business. It's one of those places where everyone knows your name (or at least your drink order). In normal times you would see the same faces sitting at the same table catching up with friends or your favorite neighborhood corgi parked outside waiting for her humans. It's a real community spot. Now, it is to-go orders only, masks required, chairs and stools all tucked into corners. Kind of sad to see.

On this particular visit, an older man with mobility issues came in with no mask-- he just didn't have one! One of the owners greeted him by name, went in the back and helped affix a mask to the gentleman's face making sure it was comfy and secure. 

That was nice to see.

Elisa Meggs

• 3.  RE: Acts of Kindness

Posted 05-20-2020 16:44
    That's really awesome, @Elisa Meggs! I've heard/seen so many stories about people reacting so negatively about wearing masks - this is definitely refreshing.

And also, ALL THE COFFEE, ALL THE TIME. ​

- Drew

• 4.  RE: Acts of Kindness

Posted 07-01-2020 12:29
    Hi All - 

Random acts of kindness have been a daily inspiration to me as I scroll through my Apple news feed. I live in Chicago, and this is simply a perfect example of how one act of kindness can spread to many, and make a true impact on people's lives. https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/gofundme-for-chicago-pelata-man-to-retire-raises-over-25k-after-viral-video/

(TEST) Amanda Gose

• 5.  RE: Acts of Kindness

Posted 07-02-2020 09:33
    I love that random acts of kindness can be little and easy, but still have a big impact. Thanks for the inspiration today!

Brianne Haxton
    Rotary International

• 6.  RE: Acts of Kindness

Posted 02-17-2021 11:47
    Bringing this thread back to life because I just learned that it's Random Acts of Kindness Day in the U.S.! What a great day!

Let's get inspired. What are some examples of random acts of kindness you've done, or have received recently? 

- Drew

• 7.  RE: Acts of Kindness

Posted 02-17-2021 11:57
    I have witnessed & participated in several acts of kindness since Chicagoland got 1.5 feet of snow in the past few days! Neighbors with snow blowers clearing sidewalks all down the entire block, people pitching in to shovel for each other, and helping to free up cars stuck in the snow. 

There can be a silver lining to a giant snowstorm!

Maria Liccardo