Volunteering Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

All HealthCare Professionals should volunteer in a center for Vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.

• 1.  All HealthCare Professionals should volunteer in a center for Vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.

Posted 04-29-2021 15:59
    Edited by Emilio Nuzzolese 04-29-2021 16:00
    As a doctor working also in a hospital I was vaccinated in February 2021, but there is the need to support the giant vaccination campaign against SARS-CoV-2. We cannot simply watch the news! In March 2021 local health authorities asked for help in order to reinforce health personnel in the vaccination centers. I accepted the appeal immediately as a volunteer and started recruiting more colleagues also with the Association AndiamoinOrdine. Now we are over 50 volunteers in Bari, south Italy.
    A day in the Vaccination Center as Volunteering dotor

I am volunteering in any COVID-19 vaccination center in my city, Bari, in the south of Italy. There was a little confusion on what a dentist could do, considering the degree in dentistry and not in medicine. But the Italian Ministry of Health made a wise decision: allowing all healthcare professionals to work in the vaccination centers, after attending a specific distance learning course.

The challenge is to vaccinate all populations and it is not an easy task. Thousands of people mu be vaccinated and although planning and organization should be improved, it is an emergency situation never faced before. As a Rotarian, member of the Rotary eClub 9920, supporting the community, now is the time to work and assist with your skill and beyond any personal benefit.
    There will be the time, after the Covid-19 pandemic, where we will have to reinvent and modify health assistance and care. We have to learn from our mistakes and we must evaluate what was done and what should have been done, but was not. We have to do it for all the victims of the pandemic. Now, is the time to volunteer for all healthcare professionals, without any distinction.  

------------------------------
    Emilio Nuzzolese

• 2.  RE: All HealthCare Professionals should volunteer in a center for Vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.

Posted 05-03-2021 17:23
    @Emilio Nuzzolese, it is wonderful that you're doing this. I'm sure you never imagined such a situation when you were in dental school. 

Your service is inspiring! I'm not a healthcare professional, but I was also inspired by the work of my colleague @Jill Johnson who volunteered at a vaccination event recently. (In case you missed it, she wrote a blog post about it.)

Together, we really will see this through. ​​​

Brianne Haxton