Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What are you grateful for?

Posted 11-24-2021 08:55
    As we move into another holiday season with COVID, I'm doing my best to focus on gratitude. Sure, we've had to make a lot of changes over the last couple of years, and some of them have been particularly challenging. But some of them have been surprisingly good. (I posted a few of mine in a blog post this morning.)

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, what are you grateful for?

------------------------------
    -Brianne

• 2.  RE: What are you grateful for?

Posted 11-24-2021 09:04
    What a great post the day before Thanksgiving!

In this moment, I am grateful for:
    • my best friends and my partner
    • COFFEE
    • these blue-light glasses keeping a headache away
    • the sunny day that's shaping up out my window
    • an early release from work today!
    ​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 3.  RE: What are you grateful for?

Posted 11-24-2021 09:17
    @Brianne Haxton, what an interesting and heartfelt blog! The varying advice from the experts is super interesting, and a little frightening...no wonder the rest of us are confused about what to do!

Today I am grateful for my changed attitude toward Thanksgiving. We always host and I used to be a nervous wreck trying to make everything perfect, from  the every dish of food, to every interaction between other people. It was not fun, and it was impossible. For the past few years I've worked hard to leave perfectionism behind and just enjoy the holiday. The place settings don't match but the food tastes good, and I take lots of breaks from the kitchen to let others peel potatoes while I relax and watch a little football!

Maria Liccardo

• 4.  RE: What are you grateful for?

Posted 11-30-2021 08:07
    Grateful for the life given  and also for making me to be a member of rotary who are game changer and hadding more grace to humanity 

• 5.  RE: What are you grateful for?

Posted 12-01-2021 14:42
    I am grateful for the COVID vaccines and boosters that allowed me to spend Thanksgiving with my Great Aunt this year. Her birthday is always around the Thanksgiving day holiday so in addition to pumpkin pie we usually eat birthday cake. This year we were able to celebrate her 103rd birthday. We weren't able to celebrate last year as we were all being cautious about COVID, but this year we decided the risk was worth it to spend time with one another. We had a lovely celebration!

Alison Randall

• 6.  RE: What are you grateful for?

Posted 12-01-2021 15:28
    103!!! Wow, @Alison Randall that's incredible. So glad you got to celebrate with her.

I was also able to see my Grandma for the first time since 2019 and it was an absolute delight. Here's a photo of me and my partner with my grandma and grandpa:

Stay awesome,
    Quinn