Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

• 1.  Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-17-2022 11:59
    Edited by Quinn Drew 01-19-2022 09:08
    Hi, folks! We've got our community happy hour coming up this Wednesday and I'm pumped. 

I've got a few fun get-to-know-you things planned (hold the eye-roll, they're really fun!), but I'm also wondering if you have a favorite Zoom "ice breaker" or question to ask your friends. Respond to this thread and let's get a list going. :) 

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please do so

See you soon!

------------------------------
    Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 2.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-18-2022 12:01
    My favorite ice breaker question is what is your favorite form of potato? -- It is just fun and creates conversation! :)

Mandi Ginn-Franz

• 3.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-18-2022 15:50
    That is a really good one, @Mandi Ginn-Franz. There are SO many options. Just this now I thought: "mashed. no, french fries. NO! TATER TOTS!" ​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 4.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-19-2022 08:41
    In a recent meeting someone asked, "How many feet are currently in your house?" This could include your feet, family members, pets, etc. At first I thought this question was a bit strange, but when people started sharing and explaining it turned into a nice way to get to know people. 

Also @Mandi Ginn-Franz the potato question is hard! I'm having an internal debate right now!​​

Alison Randall

• 5.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-19-2022 09:06
    Hahaha - that's outstanding, @Alison Randall! Currently only two in my house!​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 6.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-19-2022 09:10
    Shout out to @Amy Finkelstein, who let me know the RSVP link wasn't working. So I fixed it above, and am posting here:
    https://rotary-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYodOuopzsqHdCL1hfhio1dPsTVB_4lg4xh

I hope to see y'all this afternoon/evening

@Mandi Ginn-Franz, @Alison Randall​​​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 7.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-20-2022 16:11
    What a fun group yesterday! Thanks for jumping in @Shai Basys, @Dennis Evashenk, @Mhari Goldstein, @Amy Finkelstein, @Mandi Ginn-Franz, @Maria Liccardo, @Alison Randall and @Brianne Haxton!

Such great conversations and connections, andddd! As promised, we had a couple of fun polls.

What's your favorite breakfast preference: waffles or pancakes?
    50/50 split!!

Does what you do align with what you thought you'd do as a kid?
    "Perfect match" got 1 vote, as did "...ish", but the rest fell into the "couldn't be further from what I thought" camp. 

I love it!!
    Where does everyone else fall? 
    ​​​​​​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 8.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-20-2022 21:52

I saw this news story tonight and it made me think of our "no bad potato" conversation. Apparently, there IS a bad potato… when they're frozen and stuck to the highway! 

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2022/01/20/i-94-closed-albertville-frozen-potatoes/

-Brianne

• 9.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-21-2022 07:56
    It was great to meet everyone! I enjoyed the Happy Hour.

Dennis Evashenk

• 10.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-21-2022 08:41
    I agree, @Dennis Evashenk! We Connectors are an interesting bunch!

I enjoyed hearing about everyone's careers and how they landed in their current spot. Also, enjoyed the potato discussion :)​

Maria Liccardo

• 11.  RE: Community Happy Hour: this Wednesday!

Posted 01-24-2022 09:28
    @Dennis Evashenk, following up from the conversation about the kid YouTuber who makes oodles of money playing with toys in videos-- Ryan Kaji made $27 million in 2021... down from $29.5 million the prior year. While that is mind-boggling, he's the SEVENTH highest paid YouTuber. The highest is a guy named Mr. Beast and he made $54 million last year. INSANITY.

Here's the article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2022/01/14/the-highest-paid-youtube-stars-mrbeast-jake-paul-and-markiplier-score-massive-paydays/?sh=439df3631aa7​

-Brianne