Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Monthlong Challenges

Posted 10-01-2021 11:13
    Happy Artober! 

This is a month that may go by many different names (Drawtober, Inktober, etc.) but it's a challenge  for artists to follow a prompt every day for the month of October. They can follow different official lists or make their own. Some people use it to get outside of what they normally draw. Others want to strengthen their daily drawing practice. A lot of folks use it with a specific goal in mind, like sharing more of their artwork on social media. 

I've heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November. Anyone else have a tradition or challenge like this that is as much about the practice as the result?

------------------------------
    Elisa Meggs

• 2.  RE: Monthlong Challenges

Posted 10-05-2021 11:43
    I've got a few writer friends (ahem, @Nick Kapling, @Jean Doan) so NaNoWriMo is in my vocab for sure, but the month-long challenges I've done have been mostly fitness related (thanks in part to @Julie Aubry). 

The Greater Good Science Center puts out a monthly happiness calendar (here's the link to October 2021) and I did print it out once back in the day to try and follow along, but admittedly didn't do super well on the follow-through. ​​Maybe I'll try to pick that up, though!

I'll have to amend today's prompt though, as I don't have kids: "Ask questions to find out how school is really going for your child." Mayhaps it'd be a good read for @Brianne Haxton or @Amanda Gose
    ​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 3.  RE: Monthlong Challenges

Posted 10-06-2021 09:11
    Here is a tweet about an October challenge that made me laugh:
    https://twitter.com/e_mcguire_/status/1445031185726517256

Amy Finkelstein