Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Rotary is more than a Lunchclub, but could Connect.Rotary also be a lunch club?

Posted 01-28-2022 15:57
    Hello again!

I've been participating in Lunchclub and met some interesting people, so I thought I would share some of my experiences with my Rotary friends. So far, I have had a virtual lunch with 4 different professionals, and none of them were Rotarians. Each lunch was interesting and thought provoking, and led me to explore an area that I had not previously considered. While we chat a lot about business and professional lives, we also talk about different clubs and associations we belong to, so I get to bring up Rotary to people who haven't given our organization much thought. So there's an outreach opportunity every time we meet someone new!

I also had another thought! What if the Connect.Rotary.org platform also offered a virtual meeting option, similar to lunchclub? Would that compete too much with the Rotary Club meetings that we go to now?  I would hope not, but thought I would ask the group.

Anyone else doing lunchclub, or other similar type meetings, and want to share their thoughts?  

From the 4 lunchclub meetings I have done this month (I do mine once a week on Friday), I have made 3 new connections on LinkedIn, and sent a business proposal to a neighboring business owner. So, all in all, it's been a good experience, worth sharing with others.  
    Lunchclub
    Lunchclub remove preview
    Lunchclub
    Your network is waiting for you. We facilitate casual conversations that lead to not-so-casual professional impact. Powered by AI. Sign up with Google OR HOW IT WORKS It's simple, really
    View this on Lunchclub >

------------------------------
    John Kent

• 2.  RE: Rotary is more than a Lunchclub, but could Connect.Rotary also be a lunch club?

Posted 02-02-2022 14:54
    Super interesting, @John Kent - thank you for sharing! I haven't heard of lunchclub, but I love the idea behind it. And I think you're spot on that it could be great for the Connect community. 

I know @Mauricio Gonzales and @Angela Walker were interested in meeting up to share ideas, and I would, too! Maybe the 4 of us can find a time to meet virtually and chat? ​​​​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 3.  RE: Rotary is more than a Lunchclub, but could Connect.Rotary also be a lunch club?

Posted 02-03-2022 09:49
    I have never heard of a lunchclub either but I LOVE this idea!! I would be so interested in this -- I have worked from home for years, before Covid-times, and I always eat lunch alone - strike that - I always eat lunch with my cats (lol) and usually while still working because why not!?   I would love to connect and chat and share with others during lunch and have that connection.  I love working from home and it really is great for me and for my health conditions as well, but it can be lonely  -- I am not always a frequent poster here, but am a frequent lurker and would be very interested in be included in this! I also think I will start this conversation at my workplace as well! :-)

Mandi Ginn-Franz