Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  First Friday Event: Keeping Work Fun!

Posted 03-31-2022 12:02

It's almost lunch time here, which reminds me: we're hosting the April First Friday gathering tomorrow.  It's April 1st, so we thought it'd be the PERFECT time to discuss ideas and tips to keep work fun! 

I've pulled together some fun polls and plenty of tips from my friends and colleagues (and yes, ok, some ideas from the internet) about what keeps their work days enjoyable and what puts a smile on their faces. 

Join us tomorrow for all the fun! 12:15-1:00pm (yes, even though the Zoom link will tell you 12!) 

And if you can't make it, but want to share your ideas, this discussion is a great place!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

------------------------------
    Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 2.  RE: First Friday Event: Keeping Work Fun!

Posted 04-01-2022 09:46
    Well I'd love to be a part, and I may yet jump on at the end, but I have a regular gig from 11 to 12:40 Fridays. 
    Not sure if this is the same vein, but one way I keep work (or at least the "work" part of it) from being a grind, is to remind myself of the ultimate benefit of what I do. That by helping Rotary communicate the good it is doing, I am in a small way helping encourage others to help expand our efforts and keep them going. I remember comments former General Secretary Ed Futa made at my new employee orientation lunch. He encouraged us all to think about the larger humanitarian benefit of our efforts whenever all the demands of the job start to get you down. I always thought that was great advice.

Arnie Grahl

• 3.  RE: First Friday Event: Keeping Work Fun!

Posted 04-04-2022 10:51
    That is great advice, @Arnie Grahl. I know it's a little easier working for a non-profit that is focused on "doing good in the world," but when I think back to my other jobs, I've also tried to look at the bigger picture, too. On tough days as a college advisor, I thought about where the students might end up after college and how I could support their journeys; as a teacher, I thought about more than the curriculum, but also the life lessons I was trying to teach the kids.

Good perspective! Thank you for sharing!​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 4.  RE: First Friday Event: Keeping Work Fun!

Posted 04-05-2022 08:21
    oh man! I am so sorry I missed this one as I always like to have some fun!! I hope ya'll had a great time and I hope to catch the next one.

Mandi Ginn-Franz