Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What've you learned?

Posted 12-02-2021 09:09
    Ah, December. Prime time for #reflection on the past year as we look toward the next. This year I'm pulling together a list of lessons I've learned from a(nother) year of COVID-19, and I'm realizing they're a bit all over the place. I've learned a lot about myself and about how I prefer to interact with the world around me, and a few other lessons along the way. Like: 
    • I've become much more introverted over the last few years. I need more time solo to recharge and refresh to feel "like myself." 
    • I appreciate and support small, local businesses who prioritize employee safety when making decisions about when/how to be open. 
    • Nature is a powerful source of rejuvenation in my world. So is craft beer. 
    • Therapy is where its at. 
    What are some lessons you've learned in 2021? I'd love to hear them, whether they're related to COVID-19 or not. :)

------------------------------
    Quinn

• 2.  RE: What've you learned?

Posted 12-02-2021 16:26
    Interesting topic! Here are some things I've learned:
    • After a year without live music, last summer I absolutely loved the outdoor concerts I attended, and I realized that live music something that is not good for me to do without! Like you said, @Quinn Drew, rejuvenation.
    • I appreciate my children more and more as they get older. I like learning from them.
    • I like listening to books! I finished listening to The Lord of the Rings trilogy (talk about a time investment), and paid more attention to the details than when I read them several years ago. 
    • Since being vaxxed, I've been meeting up with friends individually (or as a couple) rather than in groups. I've found that I prefer this waaay more than a party. I like taking the time to really listen and be listened to. 

Thanks for inspiring this #reflection time!​​​​

Maria Liccardo