Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How do you want to Connect?

Posted 11-09-2021 19:58
    Hi, friends! 

It's your friendly Community Manager with a quick check-in. One of the reasons I love Connect so much is because I get to meet so many people who share the same desire as I do to make a positive impact on the world around me. 

Sometimes that's through volunteering, sometimes that's through hugs or handshakes or high fives, sometimes it's through conversations with colleagues about how we can dream up stronger projects. Every day there's a new opportunity. 

I'd love to hear what you're passionate about and what drives you to get involved so we can make Connect the best community ever!

------------------------------
    Stay awesome,
    Quinn

• 2.  RE: How do you want to Connect?

Posted 03-14-2022 13:05
    We all have a duty to ensure that our children and grandchildren receive an education free from indoctrination of any political influence. My desire or intent is to make sure that we keep our children safe from influences that could be harmful to them. This has nothing to do with Politics, but we must teach our children that it is OK to think for themselves. Kids need to grow up being kids and not feel the pressures of society to be one way or another. Rotarians have a duty of service above self, and I would like to see more done with kids to teach them to give back to help others in need. Lead by example is the best way to teach. Let others see action works.

James Klynman

• 3.  RE: How do you want to Connect?

Posted 03-14-2022 13:10
    Hey @James Klynman - I agree that we have to allow kids to explore their world and think for themselves, for sure. And to lead by example! I think we all, organizational affiliation aside, share a responsibility to help future leaders understand the power of giving back and making an impact in our communities. 

Connect is a community that's built for all of us to learn from each other, and I think we can definitely share ideas and stories of how to inspire younger generations.  Perhaps we can build in some virtual meetings to talk about some of these ideas.

Thanks for the idea and feedback!​

Stay awesome,
    Quinn