Open Forum

View Only

Newest Discussions

• @Maria Liccardo - I have also been working on not defaulting to "advice mode" in conversations with friends. It's really hard! I'm also working on asking intentional follow up questions as a response, which is ALSO hard. I feel like my standard for so ...

1 person likes this.
  • Hi, @James Klynman - totally hear what you're saying, and agree - it's good, as the speaker, to set your own expectations about what you need. I've been working on this, too, incorporating things like, "can I share this story with you? I need someone ...

• Interesting about venting. My thought is if you are just clearing your thoughts, wants or desires, then start out with, hey I just need to vent to someone, then there is no confusion. Most people feel that they have a duty to reply or help in some manner. ...

1 person likes this.
  • I LOVE THIS so much, and it should be given to every parent upon the birth of every child. I can't tell you how many times my kids have told me something and I immediately went into advice mode. Because...I always know what's best for them, right? Um, ...

2 people like this.
  • Humans are complex individuals. (whew, way to start this one off deep, Quinn!) I was listening to a podcast earlier today and the hosts mentioned a concept called, "Triforce Communication," and immediately my brain said, "tell me more." You know how ...

1 person likes this.

What Do You Think?