Volunteering Forum

View Only

Newest Discussions

• I woke up this morning with two thoughts in my head. There are a lot of poor people in the world, and I squander an awful lot of the riches that I have been blessed with on things I don't absolutely need. I'm not sure any of the rest of you get struck ...

• Many years ago, I was a volunteer tutor for Literacy Chicago, which helps adults improve literacy and language skills to achieve greater self sufficiency. I so love to read and write that helping others read and write sounded totally up my alley. Volunteers ...

• Hello again! Spring is here in Arlington Heights, IL and we're making plans for our backyard garden! Of course we are all dealing with the rising price of food and supply chain issues here in Chicago area, so I thought I would throw out a couple gardening ...

• @Brian King , I am not a Rotarian, but a colleague of mine is, and she forwarded this Facebook Live video of a Rotary club in Illinois talking with a Ukrainian Rotarian and Rotaractor who are remaining in Ukraine "until the end," as they put it. They ...

1 person likes this.
  • @Ike Nwankwo - thank you for sharing your story. Can you try posting those links again? I'm ​getting an error when I try to access the content. @Elisa Meggs - great takeaways. I am also working on listening to learn. Trying to encourage others to ...

2 people like this.

Related Blog Posts

• What motivates people to volunteer, even when money, time, and energy are scarce? I want to share my story with you. ...

5 people like this.

What Do You Think?